Kantanagar Temple is an eighteenth century brick temple, situated about 12 miles north of Dinajpur town. This originally ‘nine spired’ Hindu temple is said to be the most ornamental temple in Bangladesh. It had lost the spires during the devastating earthquake of 1897. The whole temple is covered with terracotta plaques that describe stories of ten incarnations of Lord Visnu especially from the epic poems Ramayana and Mahavarata.
Tajhat jamindar Palace
This 20th Century palace was constructed by the local Jamindar, and was used as residence till 1950s, when government acquisitioned the estate. In the 1980s, Bangladesh Government used it as the local sit for the high court division of the Supreme Court. Later in the 1990s, shifting the high court, it was given to the archaeological authority that established a small museum on the first floor of the building. With a wide green belt around the building, it makes a good pastime for the tourists.
The Bagha Mosque is located at Bagha, 25 miles southeast of Rajshahi. It was established in 1523 by Nashrat Shah, an independent Sultan of Bengal. The mosque is depicted on the 50 Taka Note of Bangladesh. The mosque was built of brick by a large tank and is surrounded by a brick wall. The mosque is known for its beautiful terracotta ornamentation. The shrine of Auliah Hazrat Danishmand (R:) and his disciples is within the Bagha Mosque complex.
Varendra Research Museum
Varendra Museum was the first museum to be established in erstwhile East Bengal in 1910. The museum started out as the collection for Varendra Investigation Society and got its current name in 1919. Since inception this museum has actively searched and researched history of the ancient Varendra Civilization. Excavation at Somapura Bihara was started by the society along with Calcutta University in 1923. In 1964, the museum became a part of Rajshahi University. The museum has a very rich collection of ancient stuffs from different parts of Bangladesh.
Gaur is one of the largest medieval cites in the Indian subcontinent, was the capital of Bengal from 1450 AD to 1565 AD. Located on the eastern strip of land between the Ganges and the Mahananda rivers, has few structures standing inside the border of present day Bangladesh. Choto Shona Mosque, Darashbari Mosque & Madrassa, and Khania Dighi Mosque are some of the remains.
Situated 20km west of Rajshahi it is an upazila in Rajshahi district. Puthia Jamindari created by the Mughals in the early 17th century is one of the oldest estates of Bengal. The 1895 two storied Puthia Rajbari is one of the most attractive structures in the area. Among others the five spire Govinda temple, Trio Bangla temple, and the Shiva temple of South Indian Style are interesting.